Ninurta offers deprived women different training cycles and modules based on traditional textile handicraft techniques of the Mashreq region.
- Traditional woodblock printing.
- Embroidery and lace.
A certified trainer teaches each module.
- Four modules by a team of four trainers.
- Duration: Four months (four hours per week, totalling 64 hours of training).
- Help disadvantaged women better integrate into the socio-economic system by offering technical skills; provide a space for socializing; and increase women’s self-esteem.
- Contribute to the preservation of traditional artisanal techniques.
Between May 2016 and May 2018, 378 women, including Syrian refugees (75%) and Lebanese, have attended these sessions.
Ninurta was able to pay 46% of the women trained for the production of items most likely to be sold.
Our future projects
- New technical modules.
- Post-training follow-up and linkage to the job-market.
- Provide women with social and psychological support.